Get Ready For Summer With Our Beach Playlist
TRACKS THAT SHOULD FEATURE ON YOUR BEACH PLAYLIST
‘Tis but the rarest of days that you’d catch this pasty punter at that hot, sandy place with the myriad of bitey things in the overly aggressive water that, when not pushing you out is dragging you in against your will (like that time rapper/Pimp My Ride host/meme Xzibit needed rescuing at Bondi). But I digress. While your mates (and quite possibly you) are having fun in the sun, a playlist is essential for setting the mood and enhancing your beach-going experience. We’ve put together a little playlist that should do just that. Let us know if you have any suggestions for us to listen to whilst partaking in our bi-yearly beach excursion.
The following few tracks are recommended for that secluded or relaxing beach trip needed to expunge those days that everyone is the worst and you can’t even. So pretty much the 27th of December if you work in retail, as an example.
- Years Around the Sun – Miles Away
“And our minds were meant to sail
take a rest from our thoughts
take a break from this world
and we’ll feel miles away
from the places that we used to be”
- Mat McHugh – A Pocket Full of Shells
- Jon Swift – Run River
- Jack Johnson – The Horizon Has Been Defeated
- Jack Johnson – Taylor
– Anything by Jack Johnson really
- The Paper Kites – Bloom
The following are perfect for a standard beach trip with a group of mates to your local spot:
- The Magician Feat. Years and Years – Sunlight
- Eagle Eye Cherry – SaveTonight
– This one reminds me of a reef trip I never went on.
- Ratatat – Abrasive
- Thirsty Merc – In The Summertime
– Oh Mr. Thistlethwayte, you almost make me want to head to the beach with this one!
- Phantom Planet – California
– Was a great song even before ‘The OC’. Hmmm it’s almost time for Chrismukkuh!
- Martin Solveig & Dragonette – Hello
- Bob Sinclair – Love Generation
- Gyroscope – Baby I’m Getting Better
- Powderfinger – Sunsets
– Obvious choice but a busker covering this one can be very uplifting.
- The Jezabels – EndlessSummer
- Avicii vs Nicky Romero – I Could Be the One
– We’ve all been Inessa Frantowski in this clip at some point. One of the best clips ever IMO.
- Groove Armada – My Friend
– Another great clip, along the same vein.
- Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime
- Jebediah – She’s Like a Comet
- Miami Horror – Holidays
- One Direction – FourFiveSeconds (Cover)
– They are seriously talented lads.
- The Lulu Raes – Swing Me On A Vine of Sunshine
- Youth Group – Forever Young